Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another Jane Market Bag

I think I know this pattern well. I offered to make an "Angel Bag" for Potholder Pass 8 (PP8) when someone's package didn't show up. Well, the package did show up (yah!!!) and even better, the person I was making the bag for wanted to complete a swap together. My partner had several birds in her favorites including a stitchery pattern. I don't do a lot of embroidery, but decided to trying stitching a design on the machine. Overall, I think I like it. Hopefully my partner likes it. It is a very strong bag. I interlined most of the bag with canvas and there is also interfacing in the center panals and the pocket. The pocket is also lined and bound at the top. The straps are a little longer than the pattern calls for so it can be worn over the shoulder. I also decided to try piecing the straps together for a patchwork effect. Next time, I may try a couple different fabrics in the straps. I used cotton ric rac along the seams and when I tried sewing the straps on, my machine really gave me fits where the ric rac was at. Next time I use ric rac, I may purposely cut the ric rac short since you don't see it anyway.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! How much did you add to the length of the handles? If I carry a tote bag, it absolutely has to go over my shoulder - so I definitely appreciate these longer straps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I added 4 inches. If you are taller or have a longer torso, I would probably add 5 or so. Your comment went into my spam filter. I'm sorry it took so long for me to find it.

    ReplyDelete