Sunday, October 31, 2010
I finally finished these potholders. The pattern is from a Quiltmaker magazine, and it was much more difficult than I thought it would be. I do love how they turned out and hope my partner is happy with them as well. The owl is from an online tutorial.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I finished these for Potholder Pass 3. I almost didn't buy the brown stripe that I used for the bias. I made a remark to the saleslady that I hate sewing stripes. She replied that she usually likes to use stripes for binding so that is what I chose to do. Overall, I think it works. The back is a black cowboy boot print with a linen and red check piece slightly off-centered. I wish I hadn't used the scrappy look to the back, but I realized that I didn't like it so much once the entire potholder was quilted. I'm hoping to go back to the store today to see if they have any fabric left of these prints because I really do like the way it worked out.
Friday, April 2, 2010
I participated in Potholder Pass 2. I really like this pattern and it is much simpler than it looks. The original pattern created 12 inch blocks which are much too big for a typical potholder. My first try at changing the size created approximately 10.5 inch squares. My second try was a little smaller than I prefered so I added a 1/2 inch border. I hope my swap partner likes these.