Sunday, June 9, 2013
I've particpated in enough coaster swaps that I really didn't need any more coasters, so I decided to also make a potholder (hotpad). I made my pepper but instead of using cotton for the backing, I used lightweight fusable interfacing. The linen that I used as the background is my absolute favorite, and I maybe have enough for one more potholder. I used twill tape for the stem and upholstery thread for the handstitching. The brown binding was also a scrap I had on hand. I used one layer of warm and natural batting and one layer of thermobright in the potholder. The backing is a home dec scrap with browna and green stripes.