Search This Blog

Friday, June 5, 2009

Ottobre Design Gilda/Jalie 2447 tankini


I sewed the Gilda tankini top (#39) from the 03/09 issue of Ottobre Design with a few modifications, of course. First of all I lengthened the top, added a lining to the front and I dyed foldover elastic to match the brown hearts in the fabric. The bottoms are from Jalie 2447 - Choice of Tankinis. I sized up three letters after reading a review on patternreview.com. I ended up trimming almost 3/4 of an inch off the leg openings, and I used 1 inch more elastic than what was recommended in the pattern.

So far, my daughter likes the pattern. I am curious to see how it will hold up as she moves through the water. Swimming lessons start in a few days so we'll find out soon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a bathing suit! I am impressed! I have never dared tackle one of those.
    You can find my email in my profile or you can leave me a message from the Flickr group OR you can reply to this comment. If you send your name, address, and color preferences, I will sign you up for the Potholder Pass. If you adjust your blogger settings, I could reply to your messages too.

    ReplyDelete