Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Jalie 3023

 One year ago, I made a Jalie 3023 with the intent on having the swimming suit last for two years.  Well, it didn't.  The top became short, and the bottoms started to show more then they should.  So here is a new Jalie 3023.  I went up two sizes (size K) and this one is big, but definitely wearable. 
     This is the first time I made the skort version and it is adorable.  I did make the following changes to the pattern.  I added clear elastic in the bodice.  Her first one gaped, especially when wet.  I used clear elastic that was 3/4 of an inch shorter than the bodice contrast.  It's hard to tell if this was effective as the entire top is too wide for her.  Note - this does not run wide.  Her chest measurement is several sizes smaller than the size K that I made.  Last year, I said this was a cute swimsuit to make, just not a quick one.  I agree this year as well.  There are a lot of pieces, but it is well worth it.  The pattern is drafted well.
     Here is the link to the pink swimming suit made one year ago
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful swimsuit! I'm going to have to take a look at that pattern for my daughter.